Weightloss, much like for is tough to reach the goal for women, but the good news is it is not impossible. With the right kind of training, supervision, and diet, there is nothing that can stop you from achieving that toned figure. Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to see the numbers on the scale drop down!
- Eat in a calorific deficit: It is a proven fact that no matter how hard we work out, we cannot out-train a bad diet. The only realistic way to lose weight is to have a healthy diet full of nutrients but most importantly one which has total calories lower than your maintenance calories.
- Weight training over cardio: This may come as a surprise to most people but many studies have shown that weight training actually burns fatter and is more effective while targeting long-term weight loss as compared to cardio. Not only does weight training burn the fat but it also tones your muscles. And no ladies, picking up a 5-kilo dumbbell will not instantly turn you into Arnold Schwarzenegger!
- The right kind of cardio: Weight training may be more effective, but that doesn’t mean there is no need of cardio at all! Cardiovascular exercises are very important for your heart and lung functioning and to make you fitter. Since our goal here is to burn fat, doing theright kind of cardio is extremely important. Several fitness experts claim that High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is an exceptionally good way to target both cardiovascular strengthening and fat burn.
- Take rest days: More often than not people get carried away with the newfound passion and excitement of working out and end up overexerting themselves. Taking one or two rest days is extremely important to not just avoid injury, but keep the metabolism high in our bodies.
- Stay stress-free: Many experts have noticed that stress has a direct relation with gaining weight or not being able to shed it easily. From hormonal disbalances to bloating, stress can be your worst enemy. Every once in a while, kick back, relax and take pride in the distance you have covered on your journey to stay fit!